PEJ 101 - Physical Fitness I - Criminal Justice
A specialized physical education program for Criminal Justice students. The course will emphasize an understanding of physical fitness and its direct application to the Criminal Justice profession. Specific instructions will cover physical fitness, running, tumbling, swimming, and self-evaluation and exercise program development. Three class hours.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Explain the benefits of physical fitness specifically as it applies to the Criminal Justice profession.
2. Explain and differentiate between the components of physical fitness.
3. Actively participate in and analyze both the pre and post physical fitness screening programs.
4. Understand, explain and demonstrate the age-specific physical agility requirements for entry level police officers.
5. Actively prepare for the physical agility portion of the civil service test.
Course Offered Fall and Spring