AAD 104 - Introduction to Graphic Design, 2D
A course which will introduce the student to basic graphic skills. Emphasis will be placed on applying the elements and principles of two-dimensional design to specific graphic design tasks in order to build visual literacy skills. Emphasis will be placed on both computer and hand skills used in the production of graphic art work.
- Course takes place within a Macintosh environment utilizing Adobe software.
- Students will be required to purchase art supplies and materials.
- Students may be required to print at a local service bureau.
SUNY General Education: SUNY-A - The Arts (SART)
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH), MCC-TL - Technological Literacy (MTL)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Produce representative examples of conceptually blended design principles and elements.
2. Demonstrate basic manual skills required of graphic artists.
3. Complete one or more tasks associated with the development of basic intellectual skills such as; research, experimentation, conceptual blending, and/or metaphorical and/or analogous expression.
4. Evaluate performance through peer or self critiquing.
5. Engage in the creative process related to visual problem solving.
6. Build a portfolio representative of applied design principles and elements.
Course Offered Fall and Spring