PEM 132 - Basketball
A course introducing the basic skills, rules, and strategies of basketball. Class will be divided into teams and various types of competition will be engaged in, as well as practice sessions to improve skills. Two laboratory hours.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate individual skills (i.e. dribble, pass, shoot) and implement them in a game situation.
2. Employ team (offensive and defensive) strategy.
3. Describe and implement conditioning, practice, and warm up drills.
4. Critique coaching strategies.
5. Describe basketball rules and apply rules to game situations.
Course Offered Fall and Spring