HSP 204 - Advanced Conference and Event Planning
This course is offered for students who are interested in pursuing a career in conference and event planning. This course focuses on the fundamentals necessary to build and maintain a sustainable career in the event management field. Topics discussed will include: Creating a mission and vision statement, strategic planning, budgeting, human resource management, marketing and assessment. Students will create and execute a special event including creating a budget and marketing plan. Two class hours, two laboratory hours.
Prerequisite(s): HSP 202
Course Learning Outcomes
1. 1. Explain how to start and sustain a career in the special events industry.
2. Create a mission, vision and key outcomes for an event planning business.
3. Create an event proposal and corresponding budget.
4. Create and execute a special event marketing plan.
5. Create and administer vendor and supplier RFP's.
6. Identify the impact and value of hiring the right people in the event industry.
7. Execute a special event.
8. Create and administer a formal assessment of a special event.
Course Offered Spring only