DEN 122 - Oral Anatomy and Physiology II
This course will study the embryologic development of the face, oral cavity and the teeth and histologic structure of the teeth and oral tissues, and review developmental conditions and anomalies related to dental and oral structures. Function and variations in function will be review as well as the clinical significance and application of knowledge to patient evaluation and treatment.
Prerequisite: Successful completion of all previous semesters DEN courses with a grade of C or better.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Describe the process of embryologic development of the face and oral cavity.
2. Describe the processes of tooth development.
3. Describe anomalies that occur during the development of the oral cavity.
4. Describe anomalies that occur during the development of the teeth.
5. Describe the histologic structure of the hard and soft tissues of the teeth.
6. Describe the histologic structure of the hard and soft tissues surrounding the teeth.
7. Explain impacts of histologic structure on disease processes.
8. Explain impacts of histologic structure on clinical treatment procedures.
Course Offered Spring only