HON 101 - Honors Studies: Orientation - WR
This is the first in a series of four 1-credit courses that comprise the common experience in the MCC Honors Institute. Through a variety of in-class discussions and out-of-class experiences, students will be introduced to the six essential components of the MCC honors experience: scholarly inquiry, self-discovery, creative expression, service learning, global awareness, and abstract thought. One class hour.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Differentiate between the values of academic disciplines and their motives for studying in a discipline.
2. Explain interests developed in academic and professional areas.
3. Explain how creativity is manifested across disciplines.
4. Recognize the importance of community service.
5. Students will be able to explain the difference between the activities of a life and the value of a life.
Course Offered Fall and Spring