ARA 101 - Elementary Arabic I
Designed for students with little or no previous experience in the language. Focuses on communicative skills of listening comprehension and speaking, and in developing mastery of the Arabic writing system for basic reading and writing of simple sentences and short paragraphs. Arabic letters are taught so that students will be able to communicate both orally and in written form in the most essential everyday life situations. Students will also learn customs, traditions, and culture of Arabic speaking countries. Student participation, group discussion and use of digital media are essential elements of the course. Three class hours. (SUNY-FL)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Write understandable Arabic letters using the correct stroke order and letter-linking.
2. Create understandable simple sentences in Arabic.
3. Accurately express simple social greetings and courtesies in Arabic.
4. Answer questions after listening to Arabic-spoken narrative, dialogue, or conversation.
5. Answer questions concerning a specific reading passage.
6. Identify the celebrations that occur in the Arabic/Muslim calendar.
7. Identify basic facts and cultural traditions associated with Arabic-speaking countries.
Course Offered Fall and Spring