IDE 132 - Digital Visualization Techniques
This course introduces the student to a variety of software applications that may be used to explore design solutions and to communicate those solutions to the client. Through a series of projects students will develop virtual models of space, forms, and the application of lighting in the virtual environment.
Prerequisite: IDE 131.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Explore a spatial design utilizing 3D modeling software
2. Illustrate a three dimensional space utilizing building information modeling software.
3. Apply surface textures and finishes to the virtual model.
4. Apply lighting effects to the virtual model.
5. Create an interior space plan including selection and placement of furniture, furnishings, and finishes
6. Communicate a design concept through visual media and verbal presentation
Course Offered Fall and Spring