POR 102 - Elementary Portuguese II
Continuation of POR 101 with emphasis on basic language skills for communication and on cultural aspects to promote understanding and appreciation of Portuguese-speaking cultures. Three class hours. (SUNY-FL)
POR 101, the equivalent or permission of the instructor. Memory and length of time since last studied are factors in successful placement.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify whether a conjugated verb is in the present or the preterite tense.
2. Differentiate the meanings of the direct and indirect object pronouns in a given sentence.
3. Describe a past event in Portuguese using the preterite and imperfect tenses.
4. Accurately ask and respond to questions dealing with scheduling and daily activities.
5. Answer questions after listening to Portuguese-spoken narrative, dialogue, or conversation.
6. Answer questions concerning a specific reading passage.
7. Identify the contributions of people native to Portugal.
8. Identify basic facts and cultural traditions associated with Portugal and Angola.
Course Offered Fall and Spring