SPA 203 - Intermediate Spanish I
Continued study in Spanish for those with a firm foundation in elementary Spanish communication, written and oral. Grammar and vocabulary are continued at a higher level. Cultural topics are included in the study of grammar and structure. A companion course, SPA 213, is strongly recommended for improving comprehension and oral fluency, especially for students transferring to four-year institutions. Memory and length of time since last studied are factors in successful placement. Three class hours. (SUNY-FL)
Prerequisite(s): SPA 102, or successful completion of high school Spanish 4, the equivalent, or permission of the instructor.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Discuss events in the past in Spanish.
2. Discuss events in the present in Spanish.
3. Discuss events in the future in Spanish.
4. Sustain a conversation in everyday Spanish by accurately asking and responding to questions dealing with health, travel, entertainment, or current events.
5. Discuss in Spanish the contributions of Latino artists from the music industry, literature, or the visual arts.
6. Identify the contributions of Hispanics/Latinos in the arts and politics.
7. Identify facts associated with Spanish-Speaking countries.
Course Offered Fall and Spring