STT 201 - Troubleshooting and Preventative Maintenance for Solar Thermal Systems, with Lab/Field Experiences
The course will explore issues related to system design, performance, and efficiency. System operation, symptom diagnosis, repair, and maintenance will be covered. Students will work on the laboratory or field installed systems. Two class hours, two lab hours.
Prerequisites: STT 101, STT 102
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Explain proper solar thermal system installation and design.
2. Identify the appropriate sequence of events for solar thermal systems.
3. Evaluate solar thermal system performance.
4. Assess solar thermal system operating parameters and recognize system problems.
5. Articulate solar thermal system corrective measures and required maintenance.
Course Offered Fall and Spring