ECE 110 - Seminar for Early Childhood Care Givers
This course focuses on professional development for the early childhood care giver. It provides a comprehensive study of the current opportunities for professional development, examination of state and national standards and requirements, identification of roles and settings within the early care and education field, and will lead to the design of an individualized plan for each care giver to follow for career advancement. One class hour.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Explain the various professional career options for early care practitioners.
2. Explain certification requirements in the early care field.
3. Explain process for accessing EIP (Educational Incentive Program) scholarship funds for professional training and education.
4. Compare and contrast training options in the field of early care.
5. Write a 5-year professional development plan.
6. Design an individualized professional development plan that links to the student’s career goals.
7. Produce a completed, written, 5-year professional development plan.
Course Offered Fall and Spring