DEN 222 - Community Dentistry II
This course will provide the student with knowledge regarding the assessment of community dental health needs, particularly through the use of dental indices and biostatistical measures. Students will explore the methods of oral health promotion, disease prevention, and program planning.
Prerequisite: Successful completion of all previous semesters DEN courses with a grade of C or better.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Describe access to care as it relates to the dental profession.
2. Describe the methods in dental research.
3. Describe financial aspects of dentistry.
4. Describe methods for community fluoridation.
5. Prepare a table clinic presentation.
6. Execute a table clinic presentation.
Course Offered Spring only