EDU 100 - Introduction to the Teaching Profession
A seminar introducing students to the field of teaching. Topics include current learning standards, lesson plan components, the realities of teaching as a career, certification requirements, professional expectations, and an introduction to teaching strategies. This course provides students with the opportunity to explore the field of teaching, reflect on their interest in education, create and present an instructional lesson, and develop connections with other future educators. One class hour.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Discuss the responsibilities and expectations associated with a career in teaching.
2. Describe the teacher certification process.
3. Apply state and national learning standards.
4. Evaluate personal interest in teaching as a career.
5. Create a lesson based upon effective teaching practices.
6. Present a student-created lesson plan utilizing effective teaching practices.
Course Offered Fall and Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2016