POR 101 - Elementary Portuguese I
Designed for students with little or no previous experience in contemporary Portuguese. Emphasizes oral communication and listening comprehension skills. Includes high frequency vocabulary, basic constructions and common phrases. Students will also learn Luso-Brazilian customs, traditions and culture. Student participation in skills development is vital in this course. Three class hours. (SUNY-FL)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Accurately produce understandable simple sentences in Portuguese using the present tense.
2. Write understandable sentences in Portuguese using the correct word spelling and diacritical marks.
3. Accurately express simple social greetings and courtesies in Portuguese.
4. Answer questions after listening to Portuguese-spoken narrative, dialogue, or conversation.
5. Answer questions concerning a specific reading passage.
6. Identify the contributions made by Portuguese speakers in the arts and politics.
7. Identify basic facts and cultural traditions associated with Brazil.
Course Offered Fall only