SPA 104 - Intermediate Spanish II
Continued study in Spanish for those with a firm foundation in intermediate Spanish through written and oral communication. Grammar and vocabulary are continued at a higher level. Cultural topics are included in the study of grammar and structure. A companion course, SPA 114, is strongly recommended for improving oral fluency, especially for students transferring to four-year institutions. Memory and length of time since last studied are factors in successful placement. Three class hours. (SUNY-FL)
Prerequisite: SPA 103 , or excellence in high school Spanish 5, the equivalent, or permission of the instructor.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify the tense and the mood of the verbs in a passage written in Spanish.
2. Create grammatically correct sentences in Spanish using the correct verb conjugations.
3. Communicate in correct Spanish about topics related to Spanish-speaking countries
4. Present an oral report in Spanish of the information contained in sources such as newspapers or other mass-market publications.
5. Answer questions in Spanish concerning a specific reading passage.
6. Answer questions in Spanish after listening to Spanish-spoken narrative, dialogue, or conversation.
7. Compose a brief essay in Spanish analyzing a cultural or contemporary topic related to one or more Spanish speaking countries.
Course Offered Fall and Spring