CIP Code: 52.0201
MCC Program Code: BU01
NYSED Code (BRI): 01210
NYSED Code (DCC): 19248
The Business Administration degree is a university-parallel program equivalent to the first two years of a bachelor degree program. This program prepares students for majors in such areas as accounting, finance, management, marketing, human resources, economics, entrepreneurship, E-Business, small business management, and
other business-related fields.
The Business Administration Program includes business and general education courses to provide a sound background for further study and a career in business.
Please note that this program includes nine credit hours of business electives and general electives. This permits the student to pursue either of two alternate courses of action:
(1) Build a concentration in a specific business area by taking courses with the
following prefixes: ACC, BUS, ECO, MAR
(2) Acquire up to six credit hours of non-business course work with a view toward imparting the greatest measure of transfer potential for upper-level programs elsewhere. Students who are planning on transferring to a SUNY school should use these credits towards completion of the SUNY General Education requirements.
(Housed in Business Administration and Economics Department.)
1) Utilize identified accounting concepts to make informed decisions about the operating performance and financial position of an organization.
2) Explain the major concepts of management theory and organizational behavior which could include motivation, leadership, team processes, communication, decision making, organizational structure, organizational culture, or organizational change.
3) Describe core marketing concepts used to successfully market an organization.
4) Identify and explain laws that are relevant to the operation of a modern business organization.
Intermediate Algebra with Trigonometry (or Math 104 at MCC).
|Distribution Requirements||Credit Hours|
|FIRST SEMESTER: 15 Credit Hours|
|ENG 101 College Composition OR |
ENG 200 Advanced Composition
|MTH 165 College Algebra (or higher)*||3|
|BUS 104 Introduction to Business||3|
|ACC 101 Accounting Principles I**||4|
|SECOND SEMESTER: 16 Credit Hours|
|MTH 160 Statistics I||3|
|MAR 200 Principles of Marketing||3|
|ACC 102 Accounting Principles II||4|
|SUNY-GENERAL EDUCATION AMERICAN HISTORY OR |
WESTERN CIVILIZATION OR
OTHER WORLD CIVILIZATIONS ELECTIVE*
|THIRD SEMESTER: 18 Credit Hours|
|ECO 111 Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|BUS 201 Business Law I||3|
|BUS 204 Management Theory and Practice OR|
BUS 208 Organizational Behavior*
|SOCIAL SCIENCE ELECTIVE||3|
|FOURTH SEMESTER: 15 Credit Hours|
|ECO 112 Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|SUNY-GENERAL EDUCATION NATURAL SCIENCE ELECTIVE*||3 or higher|