New and Updated Course Descriptions
XRT 124 - Imaging Procedures 2
This course is a continuation of Imaging Procedures 1 with a focus on advanced anatomy, physiology and positioning of the gastrointestinal system, spine, thorax, urinary/reproductive systems, pediatric and geriatric modifications and special imaging procedures. Content also includes patient safety and legal considerations. A laboratory component is included for hands-on practice. One class hour. Two laboratory hours. Course offered Spring only
Prerequisite: XRT 111 and XRT 151; each with a grade of C or better.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify positioning requirements of spine, thorax or contrast-enhanced imaging procedures.
2. Utilize appropriate positioning techniques for spine, thorax or contrast-enhanced imaging procedures.
3. Utilize appropriate technical factors for spine, thorax or contrast-enhanced imaging procedures.
4. Utilize appropriate positioning aids for spine, thorax or contrast-enhanced imaging procedures.
5. Evaluate image quality at a foundational level.
6. Identify special considerations for pediatric or geriatric patients.
Course Offered Spring only
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2018
Spring Semester 2018
Summer Session 2018