Department: Health and Physical Education
CIP Code: 31.0504
MCC Program Code: SM01
NYSED Code (BRI): 35653
NYSED Code (DCC): 35654
A program designed for students interested in the business and marketing aspects of sport. This program provides a conceptual framework for the field through physical studies and business coursework and incorporates hands-on experience through field work. This program will be of interest to students interested in careers in athletic administration, minor and major league sports, facility and event management, sport promotion, equipment development and retail, and client management.
(Housed in the Health and Physical Education Department)
Program Learning Outcomes
1) Identify and describe the major forces shaping the field of Sport Management.
2) Articulate the core sport management theories as they relate to other academic disciplines which could include: business accounting economics psychology or history
3) Explain the major principles of ethics and values in sport management
4) Discuss developments in the fields of business and management as they relate to sport.
5) Apply knowledge about sport management to practical work experiences
6) demonstrate a sensitivity to diversity issues in interacting with both clients and customers
For related jobs: careercoach.monroecc.edu
Occupational Resource: http://www.onetonline.org
Requirements for Program Entrance
Intermediate Algebra with Trigonometry or (MTH 104 at MCC).