AGRICULTURE AND FOOD STUDIES
School: Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM)
CIP Code: 01.0401
MCC Program Code: AG02
NYSED Code (BRI): 36397
To apply to this Major now, apply here
New, Transfer, or Re-admit students should contact Admissions at 585-292-2200 or email@example.com
Continuing students should contact Biology
for more information.
To apply for a Major change, click here
The certificate offers students the fundamental knowledge and skills required to perform tasks and responsibilities that support the agricultural and food related industry from farm to fork. Task and responsibilities include food quality, food safety, supervision, communication, inventory management, documentation, team skills, and problem solving skills.
(Housed in the Biology Department)
Program Learning Outcomes
1. Identify and describe a variety of educational and career opportunities in the agriculture and food related industry.
2. Identify and explain the presence and impact of food pathogens and contaminants at various points of food production.
3. Explain and apply principles of food safety and sanitation.
4. Describe and assess issues related to food quality assurance.
5. Communicate effectively using terms and knowledge related to agriculture and food production.
6. Solve problems related to agriculture and food production.
7. Work effectively in team building environments.
8. Document work related information involving agriculture and food related processes.
For related jobs: Career Coach
Occupational Resource: http://www.onetonline.org
Requirements for Program Entrance
High school graduate or high school equivalency diploma.
|Distribution Requirements ||Credit Hours|
|FIRST SEMESTER: 12 Credit Hours|
|AGS 150 General Microbiology for Food and Agriculture|| 4|
| ENG 101 College Composition OR ENG 200 Advanced Composition|| 3|
| CRC 125 Microsoft Office|| 4 |
| AGS 101 Introduction to Agriculture|| 1|
|Total || 12|
| SECOND SEMESTER: 12 Credit Hours|
|BUS 135 Supervising for the 21st Century|| 3|
|SPC 141 Interpersonal Speech Communication|| 3|
|SUS 101 Introduction to Sustainability|| 3|
|AGS 200 Food and Agriculture Problem Solving - Behavioral Applications|| 3|
|TOTAL CREDITS || 24|
Printer Friendly Version