Department: Business Administration
CIP Code: 52.0302
MCC Program Code: AC01
NYSED Code (BRI): 27626
NYSED Code (DCC): 27627
This program prepares students for a position as an accounting clerk able to keep records of daily financial transactions; create financial statements; analyze financial data; and communicate information through both oral and written reports. The required courses develop knowledge of general accounting procedures, automated accounting systems and spreadsheet programs, as well as general knowledge of business management.
This program is NOT designed as a transfer program. Students who plan to become accountants require at least a bachelors degree and should enroll in MCC's Business Administration AS degree program.
(Housed in the Business Administration & Economics Department)
Program Learning Outcomes
1) Complete all steps of the accounting cycle.
2) Create information such as budgets or variance analyses in support of the planning and control functions.
3) Apply appropriate principles to stakeholder issues such as valuation or ownership for various business assets and equities.
4) Apply appropriate quantitative reasoning skills in performing job duties such as ratio analysis or cost-volume-profit computations.
5) Prepare basic tax forms such as payroll taxes or income tax.
6) Use computer software such as spreadsheet or general ledger as an aid in performing business and accounting functions.
7) Apply economic principles to costing and pricing decisions.
8) Describe the relationship between managers and employees and their respective obligations to each other.
9) Utilize effective communication skills in a variety of situations.
For related jobs: careercoach.monroecc.edu
Occupational Resource: http://www.onetonline.org
Requirements for Program Entrance
MCC Level 2 Mathematics Placement.