ART 175 - Art Travel
A course that combines classroom instruction at the MCC campus with travel to and instruction at various off-campus locations including art museums, historical and landmark houses, art galleries, architecturally noteworthy urban sites or town developments.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate management and knowledge of skills such as the ability to plan, present and evaluate various types of ideas in and about the arts.
2. Demonstrate the development of aesthetic sensitivity along with technical and cognitive skills such as; perception, refection, interpretation and communication.
3. Recognize and discuss the major artworks viewed at the assigned gallery, museum and art studio visits.
4. Demonstrate competency in communicating and critically evaluating their own work and the work or others by development of written materials such as papers and comprehensive journal/sketchbook and development of skills for presentation of those ideas.
5. Demonstrate writing and research skills for evaluation and assessment.
Course Offered Spring only