PPE 106 - Individual Sports
A course based on teaching competencies for students future use, focusing on individual sports such as tennis, golf, and racquetball. Students will learn skill development, teaching and coaching strategies, and lifetime fitness benefits.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Recognize and discuss life-time fitness benefits that individual sports offer.
2. Develop and apply different coaching strategies for individual sport athletes vs. team sport athletes.
3. Develop individual training programs for athletes participating in individual sports.
4. Design a creative teaching setting that will help facilitate the instruction of individual sport activities.
5. Assess community resources and discuss ways to network these resources into a school based individual sport unit.
6. Construct and present a proper lesson plan for activities involving individual sport lessons.
Course Offered Fall and Spring