PPE 100 - Introduction to Sport Science
A course designed to expose the student to the components of the sport sciences, including anatomy and physiology, biomechanics, sport medicine, and sport technology as they relate to human exercise. Students will apply the integration of physical fitness principles and health components to formulate a personal wellness plan relative to their needs. This class includes both theory and practice through a lecture and laboratory experience.
MCC General Education: MCC-HW - Health and Wellness (MHW)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Define the variables of physical fitness for health and wellness.
2. Differentiate between health related and sports related components of physical fitness.
3. Recognize the most important principles of anatomy and kinesiology.
4. Define organization factors for administering an individual fitness program.
5. Define medical/health screening methodologies that are functional fitness program options.
6. Demonstrate mastery in employing fitness assessment techniques.
7. Demonstrate mastery in developing written exercise prescriptions for groups and individuals.
Course Offered Fall and Spring