FRE 204 - Intermediate French II
Continuation of FRE 203 with an emphasis on the development of linguistic skills and cultural understanding for students with some competency in the language. The companion course FRE 214 is strongly recommended for improving oral fluency, especially for students transferring to four-year institutions.
Prerequisite(s): FRE 203 or excellence in high school French 5, the equivalent or permission of instructor.
SUNY General Education: SUNY-FL - Foreign Language (SFRL)
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH), MCC-BCO - Speaking (MBCO), MCC-GLO - Global Understanding (MGLO)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify the tense and the mood of the verbs in a passage written in French.
2. Create grammatically correct sentences in French using the correct verb conjugations.
3. Communicate in correct French about topics related to French-speaking countries.
4. Present an oral report in French with information contained in sources such as newspapers or other mass-market publications.
5. Answer questions in French concerning a specific reading passage.
6. Answer questions in French after listening to French-spoken narrative, dialogue, or conversation.
7. Compose a brief essay in French analyzing a cultural and contemporary topic related to French-speaking countries.
Course Offered Fall and Spring