ART 205 - Commercial Illustration I
A course which explores a full range of current commercial illustration methods and techniques utilizing the following media: pencil, pen and ink, watercolor, and collage.
Prerequisites: ART 104, ART 109 or permission of instructor.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Develop an art project using traditional methods from thumbnail to finish which may include problem identification, research, ideation, editing, critiquing or assessment.
2. Develop an art project using digital processes from thumbnail to finish which may include problem identification, research, ideation, editing, critiquing or assessment.
3. Utilize an expanded range of drawing and painting materials and tools which may include pencil, colored pencil, marker or water based mediums.
4. Develop computer proficiency skills by utilizing contemporary hardware, software and peripheral devices.
5. Develop drawing or painting proficiency using traditional tools and materials.
6. Demonstrate techniques for facilitating creative problem solving to include analysis, interpretation or evaluation of works of art.
7. Critique works of art using creative, persuasive or informative modes of expression.
8. Present a professional portfolio.
Course Offered Fall only