ART 101 - Art Essentials
This course is designed to improve the student's visual perception and expand critical awareness through a variety of hands-on studio projects. The student will become familiar with the methods, materials, media, vocabulary, and techniques of making art. This course is suggested for students who are interested in developing their creative skills but are not art majors.
SUNY General Education: SUNY-A - The Arts (SART)
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Develop their visual perception through a variety of hands-on studio projects.
2. Utilize a variety of art-making materials and techniques.
3. Discuss artwork in formal terms.
4. Apply art historical concepts to studio practice.
5. Identify the elements and principles of visual art.
6. Evaluate critically their work and the work of others.
Course Offered Fall and Spring