MET 225 - Machine Design Theory I
This is a course which studies the practical use of advanced strength of materials principles, allowing the student to interpret the failure mechanisms necessary for optimized machine element design. Computer based tools are used to create analytical tools.
Prerequisite: MET 203 with a grade of C or better.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Create a solution path for configuring the best machine component design.
2. Evaluate the performance of working machine systems.
3. Analyze a chosen machine element based upon the material’s static or fatigue failure criteria.
4. Solve algorithms for complex study of machine and material behavior using computer tools.
5. Create a portfolio of applications for future employment.
Course Offered Fall only