MUS 159 - Aural Skills I
This course reinforces Music Theory concepts and develops skills in sight singing as well as melodic and rhythmic dictation.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Transfer and apply scales from Music Theory I to the development of Aural Skills.
2. Sight read rhythms separate from melodies.
3. Sight sing intervals and diatonic melodies in tune with solfege and numbers.
4. Transcribe music in regards to intervals, rhythms, and diatonic melodies.
5. Transfer and apply key signatures from Music Theory I to sight sing melodies.
Course Offered Fall only