New and Updated Course Descriptions
FPT 113 - Firefighter II
This course provides structural firefighters with the knowledge and skills required to respond to emergencies under general supervision of a company officer. Both hands-on use of fire training simulators and classroom presentations/activities are integrated in the course. Topics include incident command implementation, building materials and collapse, special rescue and vehicle extrication, hydrant flow and operability, hose tools, foam operations, flammable liquid/gases, detection, alarm systems, fire department communications, pre-fire planning, special situations, and fire suppression strategy and tactics. Three class hours. 3 Credits. Course offered Fall and Spring
Prerequisite: FPT 111
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Execute the steps to apply firefighting foam to suppress fire and vapors.
2. Disentangle a victim from an automobile accident.
3 .Perform an emergency response scene size-up.
4. Identify threats to firefighter safety based on the assessment of building construction and fire conditions.
5. Describe the components for a fire and life safety education program.
6. Implement the incident command system at an incident.
7. Perform the duties of a firefighting team member under the command of a company officer.
Course Offered Fall and Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2017
Spring Semester 2018