New and Updated Course Descriptions
TOY 204 - Manual Drivetrain and Axles
This class focuses on the theory, operation, diagnosis, maintenance, and overhaul of manual transmissions and transaxles, front and rear drive axles and differentials, drivelines, and transfer cases. Course offered Spring only
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Describe manual clutch operation.
2. Diagnose manual clutches.
3. Repair manual clutches.
4. Describe manual transmission operation.
5. Diagnose manual transaxle/transmissions.
6. Repair manual transaxle/transmissions.
7. Describe drive shaft/half shaft and universal/constant-velocity (CV) joints.
8. Diagnose drive shaft/half shaft and universal/constant-velocity (CV) joints.
9. Repair drive shaft/half shaft and universal/constant-velocity (CV) joints.
10. Describe drive axles.
11. Diagnose drive axles.
12. Repair drive axles.
13. Describe four wheel drive systems.
14. Diagnose four-wheel drive systems.
15. Repair four-wheel drive systems.
16. Describe all wheel drive systems.
17. Diagnose all-wheel drive systems.
18. Repair all-wheel drive systems.
Course Offered Spring only
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2017
Spring Semester 2018