Department: Liberal Arts
School: Arts & Humanities; Business, Hospitality & Entrepreneurism; Community Engagement & Development; Health Sciences & Physical Wellness; Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM); Social Sciences & Global Studies
CIP Code: 24.0102
MCC Program Code: LA04
NYSED Code (BRI): 82067
NYSED Code (DCC): 22569
This program is designed for students seeking a large measure of flexibility in selecting courses consistent with their individual needs and interests while simultaneously acquiring a general education foundation in the liberal arts and sciences. A minimum of 32 credit hours of course work must be taken in the arts/humanities, the social sciences, the natural sciences, and mathematics with a reasonable distribution.
Students uncertain about their long-term educational and career plans will find that the General Studies program provides a valuable opportunity to explore and test their interests. Other students with special educational goals relating to either immediate employment upon graduation or further study toward a baccalaureate degree should consider this program to meet their needs.
Students intending to use the General Studies program as a basis for baccalaureate study and transfer should make certain that their course selections meet the requirements of the colleges to which they plan to transfer.
Program Learning Outcomes
1) Discuss the aesthetic attributes of art nature music language culture or literature.
2) Reflect on issues concerning the human condition in local or global contexts.
3) Conduct independent discipline-based research.
4) Analyze information using established or prescribed methods or principles.
5) Synthesize information drawn from a variety of resources or experiences.
6) Work collaboratively to achieve a common goal.
For related jobs: careercoach.monroecc.edu
Occupational Resource: http://www.onetonline.org
Requirements for Program Entrance
Algebra (1 year high school math or placement into Level 4 Math at MCC).