Department: Visual and Performing Arts
CIP Code: 50.0701
MCC Program Code: FA01
NYSED Code (BRI): 22249
The mission of the Fine Arts Program at Monroe Community College is to prepare students for transfer to four-year institutions, where degree programs are available that provide entry into a variety of art related professions.
It is the goal of the Fine Arts degree program to provide students with the fundamental skills and concepts necessary for a solid foundation in the visual arts. We believe that the core curriculum that we have structured will offer students the opportunity to become proficient in a variety of studio art procedures and practices. Courses in drawing, two-dimensional design, painting, figure drawing, three-dimensional design, art history and sculpture are coupled with a strong liberal arts curriculum, so students will be well prepared for advanced coursework in their chosen disciplines.
(Housed in the Visual and Performing Arts Department)
Program Learning Outcomes
1) Utilize the elements and principles of art and design in the creation of two-dimensional works.
2) Utilize the elements and principles of art and design in the creation of three-dimensional works.
3) Demonstrate proficiency in perceptual drawing translating observation to image.
4) Create works of art using a range of art materials.
5) Analyze works of art and design including their own using formal art terminology verbally and in writing.
6) Identify a range of basic art historical periods and styles.
For related jobs: careercoach.monroecc.edu
Occupational Resource: http://www.onetonline.org
Requirements for Program Entrance
Pre-Algebra (1 year high school math or Placement into Level 3 Math at MCC). Art courses recommended.