Department: Applied Technologies
School: Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM)
Program Learning Outcomes
1) Demonstrate the use of soft skills necessary for successful employment within the automotive service industry.
2) Communicate effectively in an automotive service setting.
3) Apply mathematical skills as appropriate to fulfill job responsibilities.
4) Demonstrate competency in OSHA safety practices through the successful completion of S/P2’s Pollution and Safety exams.
5) Perform current vehicle engine service to NATEF standards.
6) Perform current vehicle brake service to NATEF standards
7) Perform current vehicle electrical and electronic systems service to NATEF standards.
8) Perform current vehicle suspension and steering systems service to NATEF standards.
9) Perform current vehicle heating and air conditioning systems service to NATEF standards.
For related jobs: careercoach.monroecc.edu
Occupational Resource: http://www.onetonline.org
Requirements for Program Entrance
Elementary Algebra with Geometry (or MTH 098 currently registered in or higher.) Valid driver's license. Placement into ENG 101.