College Relations Specialist
Marketing and Community Relations
Monroe Community College
Peter A. Spina Administration Bldg
Building 1, Room 313G
Phone Number: 585-292-3023
E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Identifies, develops and communicates messages related to assigned departments/programs. This includes researching, writing and editing copy; ensuring accuracy, excellence and consistency; and determining the appropriate and most effective communication vehicle.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with the media.
- Identifies and writes articles, coordinates submissions by other writers, photography and production coordination of the College’s internal newsletter. Routinely evaluates the newsletter’s quality and effectiveness.
- Arranges publicity photos, as necessary.
- Researches background materials for writing and other projects.
- Assists the Assistant to the President for College, Community and Government Relations in special projects, in preparing award nominations for College individuals and programs, and other assignments.
- 2006, SUNY/CUAD Judge’s Citation, video project.
- 2006, NCMPR, District I, gold medallions for electronic media, brochure.
- 2004, NCMPR, District I, gold medallion for Campus News, an employee newsletter.
- 2003, SUNY/CUAD Judge’s Citation for 2002/2003 MCC Student Catalog/Handbook.
- 2003, Christine White Creative Nonfiction Award presented annually to a Goucher College M.F.A. graduation candidate for most outstanding manuscript.
- 1996, SUNY/CUAD Newcomers Award.
- 1990 & 1991, Rochester Society of Technical Communication Award.
M.F.A., Creative Non-fiction, Goucher College, Baltimore, MD
B.A., in cultural studies with a concentration in writing/literature, SUNY Empire State
A.S., Communication, Monroe Community College
Member, National Council for Marketing and Public Relations (NCMPR)
Member, SUNY Council for University Affairs and Development (SUNY/CUAD)
The College Directory Information is maintained by the Communications and Network Services Department