- Provide secretarial support to the EOP office:
- Type Spring, Summer, Fall, and yearly reports;
- Type correspondence, reports, spreadsheets (draft), revise, and edit for spelling;
- Type the Freshman Summer Program (draft), revise, and edit for spelling;
- Establish and maintain confidential & general office files;
- Order office supplies, magazines and materials;
- Process time & attendance for payroll;
- Prepare travel & conference expense reports;
- Handle daily mail.
- Assist EOP staff in properly using software and solving software problems (Microsoft Office Professional, Office Vision, Netscape, Eudora, Eckert, PFS Write).
- Create/design flyers, forms, appointment cards, etc.
- Serve as receptionist (answer phone, greet students).
- Set up/schedule staff meetings, student-clients appointments.
- Operate office equipment (computers, printers, copier, fax):
- Order hardware, software, printer and copier supplies;
- Provide/call for maintenance as needed.
- Design and maintain the EOP Home Page.
- Additional duties as appropriate to office management and secretarial skills.
- Train and supervise student staff.
Windows 95, Microsoft Office Professional, Netscape, Eudora, Profs, PhotoShop DeLuxe, WordPerfect 6.1, Lotus 1-2-3, dBase III Plus, dBase IV, PFS Write.
Microsoft Word, MacWrite II, and WriteNow.
Five-minute timed writings: 65-70 NWAM.
Monroe Community College
, Rochester, New York
A.A.S. Degree in Office Technology/Secretarial Science Executive
Graduation date: December 23, 1992 (GPA: 3.983)
MCC Medallion/Certificate of Academic Achievement
Lycee Marie Curie
(French High School), Saigon, South Viet-Nam
"Baccalaureat de Technicien en Techniques Administratives"
Monroe Community College, Electronic Learning Center,
Professional Development, Rochester, New York
Title: Floor Supervisor
Eastman Kodak Company
- Assist student clients in properly using the resources available in the ELC:
- Instruct student clients in their use of the hardware, software and video equipment;
- Troubleshoot both software and hardware problems on IBM, Macintosh computers.
- Facilitate compliance with MCC and Learning Center rules and policies.
- Supervise student staff.
Materials Management Division, Rochester, New York
Catholic Family Center
- Provided secretarial/clerical support to two Buying Assistants and one Buyer:
- Computer input concerning purchase orders & work on PARS/STARS dates;
- Prepared and typed debit memorandum & blue shipper for returned materials;
- Scheduled meetings;
- Contacted customers and followed up on promise delivery;
- Printed out "R" coded purchase orders (for entire unit).
- Backed-up during Unit Director Assistant’s absence;
- Typed and edited spreadsheets and correspondence as requested by various unit members (using Microsoft Office Professional).
, Refugee & Immigration Sercices, Rochester, New York
First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Rochester,
- Provided secretarial support to Employment Coordinator:
- Prepared monthly reports to New York State Department of Social Services;
- Typed/edited correspondence & spreadsheets (using Word Perfect 6.1, Lotus 1-2-3);
- Prepared/managed refugees' information (using dBase IV);
- Established and maintained files and records;
- Assisted other refugees in gaining primary health care.
- Provided secretarial/clerical services to the department staff as needed.
- Assisted other department staff in using software and solving software problems.
Rochester, New York
Title: Data Entry Operator
(Temporary employment offered by Burns Personnel Inc.)
Computer input concerning Loan Statements.
Saigon, South Viet-Nam
Typed correspondence, handled incoming/ outgoing mail, established /maintained files, answered phones, ordered office supplies, arranged meetings.
Additional duties as appropriate to office management and secretarial skills.
The College Directory Information is maintained by the Communications and Network Services Department