MCC Daily Tribune
News from the MCC Board of Trustees Meeting
The MCC Board of Trustees held its meeting in the R. Thomas Flynn Campus Center, Warshof Conference Center on the Brighton Campus on Monday, December 4, 2017 and took the following actions:
1. Accepted the Interim Financial Reports as of August 31, September 30 and October 31, 2017.
2. Authorized the purchase of items over $20,000 as listed for the month of August, September and October, 2017.
3. Approved the Annual Financial Report to SUNY for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
4. Authorized the transfer of funds totaling $75,034.
5. Authorized the President, for the 2017/18 academic year, to provide resident tuition rates to students from Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands who have been displaced by either Hurricane Maria or Irma.
6. Approved the appointment of John Delate, Associate Vice President, Student Services, effective January 2, 2018 to August 31, 2018 at an annual salary of $111,625 prorated to $74,589 for the period.
7. Approved the appointment of Clayton Jones, Assistant to the President, Government Relations, effective December 1, 2017 to August 31, 2018 at an annual salary of $84,000 prorated to $62,903 for the period.
8. Approved the appointment of Denise Morley, Assistant Director, Employee Engagement and Organizational Development, effective December 8, 2017 to August 31, 2018 at an annual salary of $80,000 prorated to $58,679 for the period.
9. Conducted an Executive Session pursuant to Public Officers Law §105, subsection (f): the medical, financial, credit or employment history of a particular person or corporation, or matters leading to the appointment, employment, promotion, demotion, discipline, suspension, dismissal or removal of a particular person or corporation.
The Board heard presentations from Provost and Vice President Andrea Wade and Associate Vice President, Academic Services Kimberley Collins on Strategic Plan Dashboards Direction One: Learning First and Introduction to Civitas; Chief Advancement Officer and Executive Director of the MCC Foundation Gretchen Wood on the Foundation activities; and President Kress on a variety of initiatives, including updates on diversity and inclusion initiatives (see Information Items below).
At an Enrollment Workshop prior to the Board meeting, Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management Christine Casalinuovo-Adams and President Kress updated the Board on enrollment-related initiatives and the larger context of enrollment across the state and nation.
1. Academic Calendars for 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 (Attached). For future Board consideration.
2. Vice Chancellor Medina's Recommendations Update (Attached).
3. MCC Action Plan Update (Attached).
14 Draft 2019 - 2021 Academic Calendar_11-28.pdf
MCC Action Plan Update.pdf
Vice Chancellor Medina's Recommendations Update.pdf
Marketing and Community Relations