MCC Daily Tribune
Data Camp - Sign Up Now!
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, then DATA CAMP is for you!!
- Have you ever wondered how MCC uses data to make decisions?
- Are you interested in how data can help us make equitable decisions for our students?
- Do you want to learn how to understand MCC data to make good decisions?
- Do you think "big data analytics" is code for "Big Brother?"
Sessions to include:
Data - where to find it?
This session will review college data resources and how to access that data.
- Do you need data that does not exist? We will also review Research and IT requests for data and give examples of ad hoc reports.
- Do you need to survey to get additional data? We'll review the survey protocol process.
- We'll also discuss why it is important to understand MCC data for context before working with more advanced reports.
Topics to be covered - Public reports, IR website and periodic reports, glossary, iDashboards, Tech request and IR request systems, and external reports.
Do you know our students? We'll discuss demographics, enrollment and retention, as well as assessment and success measures.
Topics to be covered - Enrollment reports, program histories, iDashboards, and assessment reports
Other college data
Data analytics, efficiencies, and benchmarking
Topics to be covered - Budget enrollment status, return on investment (ROI), Civitas, and iDashboards
Homework will be given at each session and can be returned for feedback.
Space is limited and on a first come, first served basis
Click on the link below to register for the January 9, 2018 Brighton DATA CAMP scheduled from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Click on the link below to register for the February 9, 2018 Downtown DATA CAMP scheduled from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Data Camp Flyer.pdf