MCC Daily Tribune
News from the MCC Board of Trustees Meeting
The MCC Board of Trustees held its meeting in High Falls A/B on the Downtown Campus on Monday, March 5, 2018 and took the following actions:
1. Accepted the Interim Financial Report as of January 31, 2018.
2. Authorized the purchase of items over $20,000 as listed for the month of January 2018.
3. Approved the appointment of Julianna Frisch, Assistant to the President, Strategic Initiatives effective March 2, 2018 to August 31, 2018 at an annual salary of $97,000 prorated to $48,798 for the period.
4. Approved the promotion of Associate Professors, Assistant Professors, and Instructors effective September 1, 2018. (See related MCC Daily Tribune article.)
5. Approved the reappointment of Non-Contract, Professional Staff, Faculty, and Technical Assistants/Advisors as listed at the ranks and titles indicated for the 2018-2019 academic year or, for 12 month employees, beginning September 1, 2018 and ending August 31, 2019.
6. Approved the Academic Calendars for 2019-2020 and 2020-2021. Attached.
7. Adopted the revised "Conflicts of Interest College Officers and Non-Contract Employees Policy" effective March 5, 2018. The policy will be included on the policy web page.
8. Approved the creation of a standing committee, entitled "Risk Management."
Information Items (Attached):
Procurement Policy and Procedure
Surplus Property Policy and Procedure
Animals at the College Policy
Policy on Relationships Between College Employees and Students
The Board heard presentations from:
- Dean, Public Safety Training Program Mike Karnes on Diversity Components of PSTF's Program;
- Vice President, Economic Development and Innovative Workforce Services Todd Oldham on Strategic Plan Direction Three: Career Pathways and Regional Economic Development, and Chairperson, Hospitality Department Rebecca Griffin on department programs;
- President Anne Kress on College activities;
- Shared Governance groups (Amanda Colosimo for Faculty Senate); and
- Lauren Dixon, chair, MCC Foundation Board of Directors, on Foundation activities.
13 Procurement Policy Draft 01-08-18.pdf
13a Procurement Procedure Draft 01-08-18.pdf
14 Surplus Property Policy Draft 01-08-18.pdf
14a Surplus Property Procedure Draft 01-08-18.pdf
22 Animals at the College Policy (draft).pdf
23 Nepotism Policy (draft).pdf
24 Policy On Relationships Between College Employees and Students (draft).pdf
2019 - 2021 Academic Calendar Final BOT March 5 2018.pdf
Marketing and Community Relations