If you're an academically talented and highly motivated student, consider the Monroe Community College Honors Institute. You'll have the unique opportunity to develop a special mentor relationship with an Honors faculty member, plus be eligible to participate in advanced learning experiences that provide an opportunity to grow through travel, team research, and project learning.
Download our Honors Institute brochure
Take your talents and interests further
The Honors Institute offers:
- Small-sized honors courses taught by award-winning professors
- Personal mentoring by Honors faculty who will assist you in selecting courses, transferring to four-year colleges, and securing scholarships
- Unique curriculum and off-campus events
By completing the Institute requirements, you'll also graduate with a SUNY-registered Certificate in Honors Studies in addition to your chosen degree. MCC is among a select few community colleges in New York State able to offer this distinction.
Who's eligible to apply
Eligibility is based on one or more of the following:
Honors Institute website
- New students-High school students should have a 90 or better GPA and/or be in the top 15% of their class with strong AP, SAT, or ACT exam scores. Non-high school students will be considered based on prior academic record, types of courses taken, class standing, and/or letters of recommendation from teachers or counselors.
- Continuing students-Completion of at least 12 credit hours at MCC with a cumulative average of 3.5 or higher, or a cumulative average of 3.25 or higher with a recommendation by a professor.