Monroe Community College is an excellent choice for International Students! We have a wide selection of degree programs that are easily transferrable to any college or university in the country, modern residence halls on-campus to provide the housing experience you are looking for, affordable tuition, and a diverse student population located in Rochester, New York.
For January admission, apply by November 15 of the previous year. For September admission, apply by June 1 of that year. After you are admitted, MCC will issue you an I-20 to obtain a student visa.
Admissions requirements for international students
Here is a list of ALL requirements to apply to SUNY Monroe Community College.
- Online SUNY Application & Application Fee ($50)
- Official High School Transcripts
- Minimum 55 TOEFL iBT or 5.0 IELTS
- Evidence of Financial Support
- Photo Identification
- College Transcripts (if applicable)
How to Apply
Step 1: Submit an online SUNY application and pay the $50 application fee (Non Refundable).
Step 2: Required Documents - after submitting the online application, prepare all required documents and mail them directly to Monroe Community College.
- HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPTS - Submit official high school transcripts (marks sheets, exam results, certificates). Photocopied transcripts are acceptable as long as they bear an original signature or certification from a school official. Transcripts must be in English and include proof of graduation or completion.
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY - Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) must be taken if English is not your native or first language. MCC requires a minimum score of 55 on internet-based TOEFL, or 5.0 band score on IELTS to be considered for admission. MCC's school code for TOEFL test scores is 2429. For more information about TOEFL, visit www.ets.org/toefl. For more information about IELTS, visit www.ielts.org.
- FINANCIAL DOCUMENTATION - Submit official bank statements showing availability of sufficient funds to pay for at least one year of study AND if supported by a sponsor, a completed SUNY International Student Financial Statement signed and stamped by your sponsor's bank and sponsor. The proof of financial support is required of all F-1 applicants seeking a Certificate of Visa Eligibility (Form I-20). The statements should be current, official, and in English.
- PHOTO IDENTIFICATION - Provide a copy of an official government-issued form of identification, such as a passport.
- COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS - (if applicable) Submit official transcripts of all post-secondary coursework. If you wish to transfer foreign college credit to MCC, you must use a credential evaluation service such as WES (World Education Services, www.wes.org).
MAIL: Please mail your documents to:
Monroe Community College
1000 East Henrietta Road
Rochester, New York 14623-5780
Notes: 1) International students are not eligible for admission to any competitive health-related program (Nursing, Dental Hygiene/Dental Assisting, or Radiologic Technology), the Automotive Technology programs, or any 1-year certificate program.
2) Depending on TOEFL or IELTS test scores, some ESOL coursework may be required.