Life-long learner? Consider auditing a course.
Are you a senior citizen who wants to try painting, learn a foreign language, or study engine repair? We admire your dedication to lifelong learning and want you to know that auditing a course at MCC may be for you!
Auditing a course means taking a class, but not getting graded or earning credit for it. While you don’t have to take any exams when auditing a course, you’re still expected to attend class, participate, and do the readings. That means even these “grade-free” classes require a commitment.
If you’re a senior citizen, classes at MCC are open to you to audit, as long as there is an available seat. Audited classes are tuition-free, although you are responsible for paying any parking fees.
To audit classes as a senior citizen, you must:
- Be 60 years of age or older
- Be a New York State resident
- Register for classes during the fall and spring semesters only
Your registration must be completed in person at our Registration and Records Office. Visit the service window dedicated to senior audit registrations from 8:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. on the first day of registration for senior auditors.
Register throughout the first week of the semester during our regular business hours (8:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.), Monday through Friday.
Registrations are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Then get registered:
- Check out our courses. Remember, you can only audit courses during the fall and spring semesters.
- Print and fill out the Senior Audit Registration Form. The form includes detailed instructions about the registration process.
- Bring valid identification AND the completed form with you to the Brighton Campus's Registration and Records Office, located at 1000 East Henrietta Road, Rochester, NY 14623. Park in Visitor Lot (Lot V) near the main entrance of the college. We’re in Building 6, Room 203.
Fall 2019 Senior Audit registration begins Wednesday, August 21, 2019.
ARE YOU A SENIOR CITIZEN WHO WANTS TO EARN COLLEGE CREDIT?
To earn a class grade and course credit, register through the traditional registration process. Taking classes with credit means you’ll receive a tuition bill, which should be paid on time to guarantee your seat in the class.
Questions about auditing classes?
Contact us! There’s no question too big or too small.