- A 10GB inbox that enables you to keep thousands of images and other attachments in your inbox and folders and the ability to send attachments up to 10MB in size
- E-mail forwarding
- Anti-spam and anti-virus protection, including a color-coded safety bar identifying suspicious e-mail, more control over spam and scam e-mail, and virus scanning for incoming e-mail and attachments
- Shared calendaring
* Microsoft Office Live Workspace: Web functionality for Microsoft Office. Microsoft Office Live Workspace is a Web-based extension of Microsoft Office that lets you access your documents online and share your work with others. Available at no charge, Office Live Workspace lets you do the following:
- Access documents when on the go. You can organize documents and projects for work, school and home online, and work on them from almost any computer — even one not connected to the school network. You can save more than 1,000 Microsoft Office documents to one place online and access them via the Web.
- Share with others. You can work collaboratively on a project with others in a password-protected, invitation-only online workspace, helping to eliminate version-control challenges that arise when e-mailing drafts to multiple people. Collaborators who don’t have a desktop version of Microsoft Office software can still view and comment on the document in a Web browser.
- Extend Microsoft Office. You can easily connect to Microsoft Office Word, Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Microsoft Office Excel and Microsoft Office Outlook on your PC via the Web.
* Windows Live SkyDrive. This feature offers 5GB of password-protected online storage. you can also share documents in the SkyDrive with the people in your contact lists.
* Windows Live Messenger. This chat feature allows you to have audio and video conversations with friends, family and colleagues. It also has multiuser instant messenger (IM) functionality for study groups.
* Windows Live Spaces. The uses for this feature in education environments are plentiful. For example, you can create e-profiles for prospective employers. Students, alumni, faculty, clubs and departments can use spaces to share information, photos, blogs and more.
* Windows Live for mobile devices. You can access your e-mail, IM and Live Search from your mobile phones or from any other Web-enabled mobile device. Carrier charges may apply for wireless data service.
Do I need to use a Windows PC or Microsoft Internet Explorer?
No. All the Web-based services included can be accessed from Windows, Mac, or Linux using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and other browsers.
Basically any browser supported by MSN® or Windows Live in general is supported for your MCC e-mail. Browser detection is also used to tune the experience the end user receives based on the browser’s capabilities.
What happens to my e-mail account when I graduate?
One advantage of this account is that you won't have to abandon or export your e-mail, contacts, or calendar items when you graduate from MCC. You can continue to use the services after you graduate if you wish. If you don't log in for 365 days, any mail messages stored on the e-mail server will be deleted, but the account itself will remain. If you log in after a 365-day lapse, you can resume using e-mail services but all your old messages will be gone.