Points of Departure; Meditations on Mapping. Cuban artists Los Carpinteros imprinted flip-flops with a map of Old Havana to convey the idea of walking in the shoes of another. In this exhibition dozens of mappings from multiple disciplines are portals into the thinking of others. Along with the anchor exhibit at the Mercer Gallery at MCC, six other venues will extend the scope of the show across the Rochester area, linking the various institutions and threading connections throughout.
Mercer Gallery (Monroe Community College) September 5- September 30, 2017
Opening Reception: Thursday, September 14, 5:00-7:00 p.m.
This exhibition, curated by Colleen Buzzard and Karen Sardisco, has six additional venues throughout the Greater Rochester area at various dates.
- Art & Music Library Gallery (University of Rochester) September 11 - October 13, 2017
- Lab Space@RoCo (Rochester Contemporary Art Center) October 6 - November 12, 2017
- Sunken Gallery, Wallace Library (Rochester Institute of Technology), August-September 2017
- Visual Studies Workshop, October 24 – November 11, 2017
- Rare Books and Collections, (University of Rochester) Schwartz Map Collection exhibit, Autumn 2017
- Art and Music Library (University of Rochester) Artist's Book Collection, Autumn 2017