|Jan Z. Wiranowski Universal Humanism of Hope Scholarship|
Jan Z. Wiranowski Universal Humanism of Hope Scholarship
Eligibility: Any student currently enrolled in at least 10 credit hours at Monroe Community College meeting the following requirements:
1. Must have successfully completed at least 12 credit hours at Monroe Community College and be in the process of completing enough credits to have a total of at least 24 credit hours by the end of Spring 2013.
2. Must have a cumulative MCC G.P.A. of 3.7 or higher.
3. A brief informative meeting between the applicant and the founder of the Scholarship, Professor J. Wiranowski (Rm. 8-618; tel.: 292-2962), is required prior to submitting the Application.
4. Read the Concept Information Pamphlet about Universal Humanism of Hope available from Professor Jan (Yahn) Wiranowski or in the Math Department Office (8-510).
5. A typed essay (1000 word minimum) is required from the applicant, addressing the following:
· Imaginative and creative exploration of the idea of Universal Humanism of Hope
· How the idea of Universal Humanism of Hope has in the past and may in the future relate to the applicant’s activities and/or career.
(For more information, refer to pamphlet obtained from Professor Wiranowski.)
A more detailed description, and application materials, can be found on the mathematics department website: http://www.monroecc.edu/depts/math/scholarships.htm