Frequently Asked Questions

  • Will there be a charge for me to host my event?

    • This is assessed when more details of your event are received. You might be charged direct costs if the club is profiting from the event. Please explain in detail for a more specific answer to either the Campus Center or Campus Events.

  • Who do I call for emergencies or after 4:45pm when offices close?

    • Please call Public Safety at (585) 292-2911 or Audio Visual support at (585) 292-2828 (AVAV) and click option 1 and then 1 again.
      Audio Visual support is offered during the hours of: 
        Monday – Thursday  7:30am –11pm
        Friday  7:30am – 3:30pm
        Saturday  8:30am – 4:30pm

  • What facilities are available to me?

  • What information should I have prepared when reserving space?

    • Event Name, including name of any speakers
    • Purpose of Event
    • Number of estimated attendees
    • Whether or not you plan on having food service, and what type of food (breakfast, buffet)
    • Is the event open to the public
    • Is there a special set up that you would like
    • Audio visual equipment required

  • Am I responsible for cleaning up after my event?

    • Please ensure that the room is left tidy and clean after your event.  Pick up any large debris, and do not leave paper trash or food behind. 

  • Can I sponsor an outside group to come in?

    • In the case that a Club or Organization wants to sponsor an outside organization, Campus Events will work only with the Club or Organization in planning the event. When a Club or Organization sponsors an outside organization the purpose of the event must coincide with the nature of the club, a charity, or the club’s mission.  Please see the Campus Center or Campus Events for any clarification. 

  • Can I bring in my own refreshments?

    • You may request a waiver. All requests will need to go through Sodexo, as they are MCC’s contracted food service company, and they will determine if a waiver will be granted.  The Campus Center has two forms to be completed if Sodexo is to grant a waiver, or if you are contracting through them.  Please see the Campus Events Rental Application for more information.

  • Can I move furniture and set up decorations how I want at the event?

    • MCC has to follow union guidelines and safety regulations.  All set ups need to be completed by MCC employees. Decorations and set ups must be approved by safety personnel.

  • Contact information

    • Campus Events - (585) 292-2010
    • Campus Center - (585) 292-2534