A mental health emergency is a situation where there is imminent risk of danger to self or others. If you or someone else is experiencing an emergency, please immediately contact one of the resources below.
- On-campus – MCC Public Safety, (585) 292-2911
- Off-campus – 911
- Lifeline (585) 275-5151 (available 24 hours a day)
- Mobile Crisis (585) 529-3721
- Dial 211 for resources in Monroe, Cayuga, Livingston, and Ontario County
- Hospital emergency department
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK, (Veterans Press 1)
- Text 741741: Crisis Text line offering 24/7 support.
- Please refer to Monroe County website for additional mental health and substance use resource information.
- Contact the Counseling Center and provide us with the student’s name, M number, and best contact information in order for us to reach out to them directly.
- Submit a Behavioral Incident Report (BIR)
We encourage faculty and staff to report concerns about students who may be in distress, or whose behavior is disruptive to others in the community through the completion of a Behavioral Incident Report (BIR).
Note: The Counseling team does not provide support on-call or during nights, weekends, or holidays. MCC Public Safety is available 24 hours/day at (585) 292-2911.