FRESHMAN DENTAL HYGIENE INFORMATION 2020
MCC Health Services Requirement
Dental Hygiene students are required to have a physical examination before entering the program. You must use the correct Health Services form: Health Career Physical Exam Packet - Dental Hygiene. This form requires a doctor's signature. It is critical that you have done this before school starts. Fill out the form completely and submit it to Health Services before the first day of classes. Information and forms are available on the MCC website at:
HEALTH INSURANCE WAIVER
- Health Professions students are required to have health insurance.
- The school will bill you for this insurance unless you can show that you carry your own health insurance.
- You must submit a Health Insurance Waiver Form in order to clear this charge from your student account.
Instruments and Supplies
- Instruments and Supplies:
- Watch your MCC email for instructions on the purchase of instruments and supplies.
- Watch your MCC email for instructions on the purchase of your scrubs and scrub embroidery.
- Shoes & Socks:
- Watch your MCC email for instructions on the purchase of shoes, socks, and their requirements.
- Watch your MCC email for instructions on the lease of a typodont from the MCC Bookstore.
- Loupes: You will all be purchasing loupes (magnifying glasses).
- The representative from Orascoptic will be on campus to measure you. Watch your MCC email for details. You must purchase Orascoptic loupes; they are custom fitted.
- CPR: You will need to be certified in CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
- Both the American Red Cross and the American Heart Association can provide this course.
- Online courses are NOT acceptable.
- MCC may offer this course when the campus reopens. Watch your MCC email for instructions.
- Child Abuse: Dental Hygienists are mandated reporters of child abuse. You must take a certified course before February. A link for an online course will be emailed to you in September.
- MCC Email: You should check your MCC email once a week throughout the summer. This is the official means of communication for all department and college-related business.
- Oral Health: As a dental healthcare professional, you will need to have excellent oral health. Please see your dentist before school starts. If possible, do not have orthodontic treatment started until March.
Dental Hygiene Cost Estimates
Fall and Spring Semesters 2020-2021
|Costs/Fees||First Year||Second Year|
|New York State Residents||4,706.00||4,706.00|
|Lab & Clinic Fees (All Courses)||~280.00||~280.00|
|Other Fixed Fees:|
|Student Life Fee||249.50||249.50|
|Technology Fee (12 or more credits)||550.00||550.00|
|Child Abuse Course||35.00|
|Uniforms -(Shoes, Pants And Top)||~375.00||~100.00|
|Health Insurance (unless waiver submitted by Aug 15th) |
|Health Insurance |
|National Board Exam||~410.00|
|Passport Pictures for Registration||25.00|
|Optional Board Review (CDCA)||100.00|
|Optional Student Trip||~500.00|
|Student Professional Organization Dues: |
Dental Hygiene Association
Fees Are Subject To Change
* There may be addition parking fees for Off-Campus assignments.
NOTE: Monroe Community College may find it necessary to make changes in tuition and fees and reserves the right to do so.