Welcome to Monroe Community College's Mini Course - Online Learning: Is It for Me? The College is committed to offering quality distance education. We've designed this short course about online learning and learning styles to provide an opportunity for you to experience distance education first hand and learn what it takes to be a successful student in an online environment before you take an online class. The structure of this course is similar to what you would experience if you were taking a "real" online course. However, you won't have direct interaction with an instructor but you will get a sense of what online courses entail. So, sit back, get ready, and have fun!
In this course you will:
- Have the opportunity to explore common myths about online classes
- Learn the differences between this mode of instruction and traditional classroom instruction
- Learn more about what it takes to be successful in an online environment.
- Have the opportunity to test your technology capabilities in a new instructional environment
- Be able to identify your learning style and develop strategies to enhance your online learning experience.