The Education Department at MCC has unique opportunities for students to learn beyond the classroom. We invite you to participate in these activities.
Pi Lambda Theta is an International Honor Society and Professional Association in Education.
- Scholarships for full or part time study in Education
- Opportunities to participate in conferences
- Member job search, referral, and resume distribution services
- National awards for excellence in research, scholarship and classroom teaching
- Nationwide classroom teacher support for field research
- “The Educator as Leader” initiative (TEAL)
- A 3.5 cumulative grade point average for all courses taken toward the Education degree at Monroe Community College
- A minimum of 30 applicable credits at the time of application with at least 24 of those credits earned at MCC
- A letter grade of “A-” or higher in any completed Education courses:
- EDU 100
- EDU 150
- EDU 200
- EDU 208
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member
- An MCC student in good standing with the college
If you meet the requirements, you will automatically receive a packet with instructions for completion. These are distributed once each semester. If you are accepted and decide to join, you need only continue your membership with the organization directly. You do not need to reapply in subsequent semesters.
For more information, visit the Pi Lambda Theta website.